This corn soup recipe features a delightful combination of ground turkey, golden corn, and crushed tomatoes… plus, it's adorned with delicious cornmeal dumplings and shredded Cheddar cheese!
With only onions, garlic and parsley to chop, this soup comes together pretty quickly. And the batter for the dumplings is easy to mix up while the soup simmers.
1 pound ground turkey
2 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-1/2 cups whole kernel corn, frozen
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
4 cups chicken stock, homemade preferred (chicken stock recipe)
2-1/4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1-1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup whole kernel corn, frozen
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. In a Dutch oven, brown ground turkey and chopped onions until meat is no longer pink.
2. Add minced garlic. Cook for 1 additional minute; drain off and discard fat
3. Add corn, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken stock
4. Stir in poultry seasoning and salt
5. Bring soup to a boil then immediately reduce heat to simmer
6. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes
7. Meanwhile, make dumpling batter.
1. In a large bowl - combine biscuit baking mix, cornmeal, and sugar
2. Add frozen corn, 1/2 cup cheese, and minced parsley
3. Add milk and stir just until evenly mixed.
8. After soup has simmered for 15 minutes, drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto the soup. These scoops of batter will become individual dumplings.
9. Cover pot with a lid and continue simmering until the dumplings are firm; about 13 to 15 minutes.
If you wish, you can insert a toothpick into the center of a dumpling to check for doneness.
A clean toothpick indicates the dumpling is done.
(Taking off the lid will release the steam needed to cook the dumplings, so leave the lid in place until the end of the cooking time.)
10. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with shredded cheese and minced parsley. Enjoy!
Jan 25, 18 07:43 PM
This lentil soup recipe delivers the slow cooker goodness of fork-tender beef and tasty lentils simmered in a fragrant broth of red wine, beef stock and...
Jan 21, 18 05:32 PM
This egg drop soup is made with wholesome ingredients simmered together in a lovely chicken stock. Minced garlic and grated ginger provide an infusion of powerful antioxidants. Beautiful egg ribbons
Nov 05, 17 08:51 PM
A corn soup recipe featuring a delightful combination of lean turkey, golden corn, and crushed tomatoes...plus, it's topped with irresistible cornmeal dumplings!
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”